Diamonds are non-monetary, highly-portable assets. -Forbes
Protect and increase your wealth
Investment in diamonds is becoming a common discussion in financial circles. Bankers and wealth management firms today understand that such an investment should be part of their portfolios.
Why Invest in diamonds?
- Diamonds as investment class are considered inflation hedges
- 112% appreciation on fancy coloured diamonds over the last 10 years
- Blue diamonds performed strongly in 2018 with some sizes rising in value by almost 12%
- Pink diamonds have increased more than 400% in value since 2000
- CAGR on coloreless(white diamonds) are 3-4%
(data by The Knight Frank Luxury Investment Index & The Fancy Color Research Foundation)
Diamonds as investment class is evolving beyond its traditional ability to preserve, relocate and pass on wealth due to macroeconomics, a gap in supply/demand set to widen and the evolution of the sector.
Investments in especially rare fancy coloured diamonds are destined to increase considerably overtime so if you are looking for additional safe havens to place your money, diamonds can add sparkle to your portfolio. While gold and silver fluctuate in the market, more investors are purchasing diamonds as a way to counteract impending inflation.
Learning how to acquire diamonds can help you expand the diversification of your assets.